Learn WordPress in a day £128 at this hands on Workshop
This is a one day course hands on workshop that will teach you how to use WordPress to build your own website. By the end of the day you will have the structure of a website or blog that you can then edit, design and maintain by yourself. You will learn about WordPress themes, plugins, WordPress SEO, conversion techniques and even collecting payments with Paypal.
- Anyone who wants to learn to build their own business website and maintain it themselves
- Anyone who wants to learn to start blogging
- Anyone who needs to learn and improve their understanding of WordPress
What you will takeaway from this hands on training course:
- A good grounding on how to use WordPress and its many functions to build a website
- Key blogging and social media strategies that will get your website off the ground and noticed and found online
- How to update your website/blog without having to rely on webmasters
- Learn and apply Search Engine Optimisation techniques to your website
- Creating a content strategy that sells your products and services and increases conversions
How the course works
- On the day, you will work on a test site that you can then export to your own domain later.
- You will get an introduction to WordPress and an introduction to the platform and all its capabilities.
- You will get hands on training on how to set up your website from buying your domain name, buying your hosting service, setting up the software on your host and working through the set up of your site.
- A printed workbook will be provided on the day to guide you through the course on the day and to work with at home at your own pace.
WordPress topics covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Download and installation of WordPress software
- Understanding domain names and hosting
- Navigating the dashboard and menus
- Setting up your profile and gravatar
- Planning your site
- Naming your site
- Settings for Reading, Writing and discussions
- Introduction to Themes
- Customising your theme
- Header graphics
- Understanding and using plugins
- Creating your navigation menu
- Understanding Categories
- Post vs Pages
- Creating posts
- The visual editor and the kitchen sink
- Adding images
- Creating a gallery or portfolio page
- Essential pages
- Using Widgets – Adding, moving, deleting
- Customising your sidebars
- Creating a contact us page
- Editing your site footer
- WordPress SEO
- Adding Social Media functions
- Adding paypal payment buttons
- Embedding videos from Youtube
- Troubleshooting and help resources
- You should be able to use the computer and be familiar with the internet
- If you are familiar with basic word processing you will have no problems
- You don’t need any coding or advanced technical experience to do this course but of course it will help.
Why use WordPress?
WordPress is the premiere blogging and content management system for those seeking to build a website or a blog that’s easy to set up and maintain. In this workshop, we will build a simple website using free WordPress themes and walk through the basics of getting a polished site live, quickly and cheaply. With an emphasis on the non-coder, we’ll look at free templates as well as premium resources that require little to no coding skills. By the end of the day, you’ll have a website ready to launch.