Before you embark on an SEO campaign, you need to asses your website if it is SEO friendly. If your site has been SEO optimised prior to an SEO campaign, you will get better results, much faster. So here are 5 common mistakes we have found on come client websites.
1. Site buiilt in Flash. Many web designer like to use Flash as it looks cool and sparkly, but Flash technology is one of the biggest enemies of optimising your site and Google can’t read the code.
2. Not using Unique image ALT tags. To maximise SEO of your site and images, do remember to describe your website images with optimised keywords in the ALT description tag. This provides additional keyword information that helps search engines rank your site. An added benefit is that the images can rank for your keyword via image search as well.
3. Over optimising and keyword spam. Using the same keyword repeatedly on your web pages in your website content is seen as keyword spamming, and this will actually be detrimental and may prevent your websites ranking for those keywords.
4. Create unique content on your website. Always create unique optimised content for your website as search engines will tend to not include pages with duplicate content on their index.
5. Correctly Optimised web page TITLE and DESCRIPTION tags. Don’t just use your company name but do include the keywords of your main services or products. This way, your website will rank for your chosen keywords.
If you are not sure what to look for, we can help you with an SEO audit of your websitecontact us here. ,